A new version of WordPress for Android is now available for open public beta. There’s a ton of improvements on this app and you can check out the full change log after the break. WordPress for Android makes it easier for you post to your blog while on the go. The new features looks promising and if they work with a glitch, the app should be a must have for every blog writer.
It’s time for the 2.1 beta
! There’s some totally radical
stuff in this release:
You should test this!
- Autosave timer while editing posts. Every 60 seconds the post will be autosaved.
- Edit comments! You can edit comments while on the go now.
- You can now set the width for linked images.
- All new WordPress.com reader. Navigating posts is much faster and you can add comments to posts that you are reading. You can also share the post to other Android apps!
- Small improvements to the UI, most notably that the delete post button has been moved to a less prominent spot to prevent accidental taps on it.
- Reliability improvements
- Translation updates
The more devices we can test on, the better. Some things to try:
- Edit a comment, did it save as expected?
- Write a post and make sure it autosaves every 60 seconds.
- If you have a WordPress.com blog, try out the new reader (tap ‘Read’ from the Dashboard).
- Try the new linked media settings, does it link to the image at the scale you set?
Please leave any feedback here! Even if it works fine, it’d be great to know which device you tested on.
The app still requires Android 2.1 (eclair) as a minimum. Download the beta here