First: I'd like to make it clear I am not claiming this process as my own. This method was created by p3droid over at the MyDroidWorld Forums. I am not a dev, just someone compiling information.
Second: This root method is originally intended for the Droid Bionic and I take no responsibility if this bricks your phone.
Third: This root was discovered by So give him some love with that thanks button.
Root: I used the Lazy One Click and it worked perfectly, others have had success with the full manual method. I am a manual man, I don't use 1 clicks so I will post this the only way I know how...
Download the follow file: it contains the exploit, su, Superuser
Download exploit --->
1) Unzip contents of folder to your Desktop
2) open a command terminal and navigate to the folder (cd Desktop/Exploit)
3) type the following commands ---> adb push zerg /data/local ---> adb push su /data/local ---> adb push Superuser.apk /data/local ---> adb shell ---> cd /data/local ---> chmod 777 zerg ---> ./zerg
4) Wait for the root to be gained
5) type the following commands ---> adb shell (only type this if you are no longer in shell@targa) ---> mount -o rw,remount /dev/null /system ---> cat /data/local/su > /system/bin/su ---> cat /data/local/Superuser.apk > /system/app/Superuser.apk ---> chmod 4755 /system/bin/su ---> chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk ---> reboot
Important for those using Oneclick: 1.Extract the files from 1-click_exploit.zip. 2.Enable USB debugging. Do so by going into your settings, then to applications, then to development. 3.Set your connection type to charge only. You can change your connection type through the notification bar once your are connected. 4.Click runme.bat while your phone is connected. Be patient and let the program do it's thing. YOUR PHONE WILL REBOOT! Do not be alarmed as this is normal. Your phone should now be rooted. Cheers!
Also: I tried a straight install of CWM from modmanager, as some Bionic owners claimed that worked without bootstrap, first trying the Bionic when asked to specify device, and then trying the OG ATRIX and the DROID 3 with no positive(or negative results). I feel like using Bionic bootstrap in conjunction with the mod manager Bionic install may work, I'm worried about bootstrap bricking my phone.
If any dev has any further knowledge on the next step to take, it would be greatly appreciated
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum