ZTE is looking to be the first manufacturer outside of the Nexus program to ship a device with Android 4.1. The N880E will be relaunched with Jelly Bean. Some of you may remember this device from a few months ago when it made its debut with Gingerbread. ZTE is going to jump right over ICE and head for the latest version of Android and we’d love to see that happen. If you’re in China you might be able to get your hands on one of these devices now. Check out the full press release below for more details.
23 July 2012, Shenzhen, China
– ZTE Corporation (“ZTE”) (H share stock code: 0763.HK / A share stock code: 000063.SZ), a publicly-listed global provider of telecommunications equipment and mobile devices, has launched its first Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) handset in China just one week after the release of the official version of the mobile device operating system.
The ZTE N880E smartphone runs the Google Experience version of Jelly Bean and is the first Android 4.1 smart phone launched in China and the third in the world. Other ZTE handsets will be launched soon with Android 4.1.
“ZTE has an excellent relationship with Google and this, combined with our extensive R&D capabilities and our experience of customising devices for partners around the world, means we are able to bring new technologies to market very quickly,” said Mr. Kan Yulun,Vice President and CTO of the Handset Division, ZTE.“Our aim is to provide the best quality customer experience for the best value, and the N880E is a great example of this.”
The ZTE N880E smart phone has a 4.0-inch capacitive WVGA touchscreen, with a 1GHz Qualcomm 7627A processor, 4GB of memory and a 3.2MP AF camera. It is an ultra-slim device with just 10.4mm in thickness.
The ZTE N880E was originally launched in May 2012 running Android 2.3 and has already sold more than one million units.
Version 4.1 of the Android mobile device operating system was released on July 13 and offers improved performance and responsiveness, with new features such as expandable notifications and Google Now.
ZTE N880E Specifications – China market
- Size 119mm x 61mm x 10.4mm
- Screen 4.0-inch, WVGA, 480 x 800 TFT, capacitive touchscreen
- Weight 130g
- Battery Li-ion 1650mAh
- Standard CDMA2000 1x, EVDO Rev.A, 800MHz
- OS Android 4.1.1
- Platform Qualcomm 7627A
- Frequency 1GHz
- Memory 4GB + 512MB
- Extended memory MicroSD (max. support 32G)
- Camera 3.2MP AF
- Bluetooth 2.1, A2DP, AVRCP
- WLAN 802.11 b/g/n
- Other GPS, GMS, FM, A-GPS