The Geeks Phone is the epitome of open source. This is what Android is all about, allowing the development community full access to help make the platform that much better. Weâ€™ve seen some amazing this come from that community and some of those things have even been implemented by Google in the official build. The Geek Phone comes pre-rooted giving unadulterated access to the entire phone. They have just introduced a new CCR program, this program allows user to develop for the phone and the platform like never before.
This CCR Program will just extend what Geeks’Phone has been doing for the community born around their phone, but by making it official they hope to attract more users. The program will include:
* Special rewards for developers and people who are making a great effort to contribute to the community. Basically, free phones for developers so they no longer need to rely on their primary phone for development and in some cases, sponsorships.
* For the first time in the industry, Geeks’Phone will officially certify and approve community ROMs that are stable and offer real advantages over stock ROMs. The ROMs will be credited entirely to their developers.
* Support and help from Geeks’Phone engineers to developers, especially ROM builders, for their specific needs. Already, 100% of the kernel and drivers of the One are open and documented.
* Easy to follow logo and identification guidelines, so end users will see which ROMs have been tested and approved. Both “Stable” and “Experimental” logos will be used.
* Technical support for users of these builds.
* Geeks’Phone technicians will flash customers’ phones with CCRs if the customer requests it.
* CCRs won’t void the warranty.
[via geeks phone,androidguys]