While you wait for your device to be officially updated to Android 4.0, you can download this app for a taste of one of the best features of ICS. An improved version of the ICS Camera App is now available for free in the Android Market. This app is compatible with most devices and it runs well on Honeycomb, Froyo and Gingerbread handsets. It is in early development so features like zero shutter lag isn’t implemented just yet. Overall it’s a great app and I recommend taking it out for a test drive.
- Color effects (mono,sepia,negative,…)
- Silent mode (no shutter sound, might not work on some devices)
- Picture quality setting (low/medium/high/ultra)
- Video bitrate selection (normal/2x)
- Video stabilization on/off (only 4.0)
- 720p face effects (only 4.0)
- Panorama mode and time-lapse video on Honeycomb tablets